qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: qemu svn r5281 on FreeBSD - slow usb, vmwarevga, s

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: qemu svn r5281 on FreeBSD - slow usb, vmwarevga, screen updates... (now updated to r5313)
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 10:04:28 -0500

Matt wrote:
 Here is another experimental update that forces -lthr on 6.x, and
also updates to qemu svn r5313:
       http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/qemu/qemu-devel-20080924.patch

I just built this update and it seems to have fixed the issue.  Host
CPU usage again tracks with guest CPU usage and all seems well.  I'll
continue to use this build to see if anything else crops up.

Please let me know if there is anything other information I can provide.

If ya'll have patches to make QEMU work on FreeBSD, please submit them. I'm about to commit a patch that's what it took for me to get SVN working on FreeBSD.

The one thing that really tripped me up with the whole aio kld-module thing. Perhaps we should detect the presence of the module at run time and disable aio? I assume kldload can only be run as root?

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Thanks again,
Matt
Thank you for the continued work on this port!
 You're welcome! :)
       Juergen