qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Current PPC system emulation status?

From: Brad Campbell
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Current PPC system emulation status?
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:23:19 +0400

G'day all,

I'm making my very first baby steps trying to use qemu to emulate a PPC system so I can run debian-ppc, but I'm really not getting very far. Is anyone currently using PPC system emulation?

qemu-system-ppc -hda debian-ppc.img -cdrom
debian-LennyBeta2-powerpc-netinst.iso -m 384 -boot -d

.. Also tried -M prep

I get in the console (hand typed)

ide0: drive 0: Hard Disk
ERROR: OF_property_copy cannot get property 'hd' for aliases
ERROR: WIN_READ_NATIVE_MAX : status 50 != 0x40
ide0: drive 1: CD-ROM
ERROR: OF_property_copy cannot get property 'cd' for aliases
ERROR: WIN_READ_NATIVE_MAX : status 50 != 0x40
ide1: drive 0: none
ide1: drive 1: none
ERROR: Found no boot partition!

This is with svn of about 10 minutes ago.
Am I doing something obviously dumb? Google results seem to indicate that this would / should / used-to work.

Regards,
Brad
--
Dolphins are so intelligent that within a few weeks they can
train Americans to stand at the edge of the pool and throw them