qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] bug reading word straddling page boundary

From: Bruce Rogers
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] bug reading word straddling page boundary
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 10:46:46 -0600

Kevin,
Thanks for helping look into this.  I am getting different behavior than you.
I am reproducing the bug with pure qemu as well as kvm-qemu, w/out kvm kernel modules.
With the kvm kernel modules loaded the bug is not reproducible.

This last test to verify the behavior was on OpenSuSE 11.1 alpha2, i386, non-pae.
- Bruce

>>> Kevin Wolf <address@hidden> 9/5/2008 5:02 AM >>>
Hi Bruce,

have you tried pure qemu? I can reproduce this on the qemu from my
installed KVM (which is kvm-70), but not on pure qemu. I used both SVN
HEAD and SVN Rev 5008 for the test and they both worked. The latter
should be older than the kvm-73 release, so this seems to be introduced
by KVM (or they were lucky enough to pull a bad version in between).

The "only" bad thing I noticed during my test is that the i386 userspace
emulator immediately segfaults...

Kevin