qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Looking for an SH4 QEMU-ready kernel (for TCG conversion)

From: Aurelien Jarno
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Looking for an SH4 QEMU-ready kernel (for TCG conversion)
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 23:17:32 +0200

Hi,

I have just started to convert the SH4 target to TCG. I am currently
using the user emulation as a way to test if I do not include
regressions. The system emulation is probably a better way to test for
regressions, unfortunately I don't have an SH4 QEMU-ready kernel, and I
don't really want to spend time on that (I also don't have a cross
toolchain ready for that).

Does someone on this mailing list have an SH4 QEMU-ready kernel? The
best is probably to do a mini image the same way it is already done
for other architectures [1], so that it can also be useful to others.

About the TCG conversion, I am doing it small part by small part, as I
am not always sure I can continue the work on the following days, and
I don't not want to prevent people working on that. Patches are welcome,
preferably grouping the same kind of ops together. By the way, patches
for the PPC and Alpha target are also welcome.

Cheers,
Aurelien

[1] http://bellard.org/qemu/download.html

--
  .''`.  Aurelien Jarno             | GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73
 `. `'   address@hidden         | address@hidden