qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [sparc64] qemu crashes after the "OpenBIOS for Sparc64"

From: Jakub Jermar
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [sparc64] qemu crashes after the "OpenBIOS for Sparc64" banner is printed
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 18:59:19 +0200

Blue Swirl wrote:
What host? On my amd64 and using the latest OpenBIOS I get this:

It works on amd64 for me too, so it's an ia32 issue.
If I sent you an ia32 coredump, would that be of any help to you?

I wouldn't trust the Qemu version of VGA on Sparc64 yet, there could
be some wrong assumptions. Once a real kernel can boot, initialize the
VGA and preferably start X, then we should know that it's realistic.

That would imply that the HelenOS kernel is somewhat unreal, which
is not easily possible since it can drive real UltraSPARC machines :-)
(And yes, on a real machine, it doesn't end with the "Booting the
kernel..." message).

A simple unaccelerated framebuffer support is not a big deal, all we
need is an address, width, height and color depth and maybe a heads
up if the device is weird (such as the Creator 3D).

Cheers,
Jakub