qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] c99 or not?

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] c99 or not?
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 18:28:56 -0500

Ben Taylor wrote:
I've been hacking about on qemu again on Solaris 10, which I've run
into an issue.

in the nbd.h file, it includes stdbool.h, but on Solaris 10, you have
to enable c99
to get this to compile.

Are you not using GCC? QEMU is not known to support any compilers other than GCC.

Perhaps you need to specify -std=gnu99 instead of -std=c99?

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

This has a rather nasty set of cascading effects, most of which are anonymous
unions in nbd.c and vga_vmware.c, as well asm needing to be __asm
scattered throughout the code.

Thoughts on this?  I already have some prototype code to fix up nbd.c
and vga_vmware.c to get rid of the anonymous unions, but will have some
more work to complete to get a working compile.

Thanks,

Ben