qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Mac OS X PPC host support (was: [4932] Preliminary PPC6

From: malc
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Mac OS X PPC host support (was: [4932] Preliminary PPC64/Linux host support)
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 22:56:55 +0400 (MSD)

On Sat, 2 Aug 2008, Andreas F?rber wrote:

Am 01.08.2008 um 20:52 schrieb malc:

Can you try i386 testimage (http://bellard.org/qemu/linux-0.2.img.bz2)?
Does it behave the same as on my box?

It boots up okay for me. I did not notice an ext2fs warning or a hang, other than waiting half a second for the screen refresh after emitting one line of console text (not comparable to sparc-softmmu or pre-TCG afair). But there is an error "vmport: Unknown command 13" in the Terminal.

I've tried last pre-tcg QEMU checkout and it behaves the same (i.e. hangs
there after ext2fs warning), therefore it's probably safe to conclude that
tcg per se has little to do with it, thanks for testing.

And vmport is just the fallout of recently added vmware backdoor thing.

--
mailto:address@hidden