qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [RFC] ARM test generator

From: Laurent Desnogues
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] ARM test generator
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 14:35:11 +0200

Hello,

this is a very simple test generator for ARM.

The aim is to help test instruction correctness since several people
already noticed some problems, that are not always easy to
reproduce in the absence of test infrastructure (a big word for such
a simple thing).

The process is simple:
  - an input file gives a list of instructions with inputs
  - C and asm files are generated and compiled for ARM
  - the test can then be run on a reference platform and with
    arm-linux-user qemu, and outputs can be compared.

The sample input file I provide demonstrates bugs that are
corrected by my proposed patch:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2008-06/msg00699.html

This should not be taken too seriously, this is just an aid to
establish communication between patchers and maintainers :-)

BTW I put this under BSD license,  let me know if that is a problem
for inclusion into qemu (in case that ever happens, which I hope
will...).

Comments are obviously very welcome.

Laurent