qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] An organizational suggestion

From: Paul Brook
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] An organizational suggestion
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 15:35:40 +0100

> But I do think it is important that we have _some_ new committer(s)
> who are keen to do the kind of routine patch review and inclusion,
> which is sadly currently not getting the necessary prompt attention.

I'd just like to point out that committing patches is easy. The hard (and time
consuming) bit is identifying, rejecting, fixing and/or making constructive
comments on all the bogus patches. The are lots of patches that fall into
this latter category, e.g. patches that have clearly only ever been tested on
x86 targets. It doesn't take any special privileges to do this patch review.

Paul