qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [4432] Debugger single step without interrupts (Jason W

From: Jason Wessel
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [4432] Debugger single step without interrupts (Jason Wessel).
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 08:16:53 -0500

Edgar E. Iglesias wrote:
> On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 12:08:37PM +0200, Fabrice Bellard wrote:
>
>> I see no reason why the real time timers should be stopped while single
>> stepping. These timers have no relation with the emulation.
>>

> Thanks for noticing.
>

>> BTW, it seems that some devices incorrectly use the real time timers...
>>

> OK, not sure if thats the reason for disabling them. Jason?
> I tried to keep them on with the etrax machine and the sstep works equally
> well.

There is no particular need to disable the real time timers at this
point. I had exchanged mail with Fabrice over a year ago on this one.
The patch you applied for the irq stepping fixes had never been formally
re-submitted by myself or had that piece cleaned up. I had posted some
old patches in response because someone asked about them on the mailing
list.

Unless you beat me too it, I will gladly submit a patch to clean up
stepping after the gdb monitor cleanup. :-)

Jason.