qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] 600 * 800 pixels

From: Christian MICHON
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] 600 * 800 pixels
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 08:26:26 +0100

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 5:52 AM, pushparaj muthu
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi
>

> We have developed GUI application. We want to test our GUI application on
> qemo in Linux PC
>
> Our GUI application using window pixels 600 * 800
>

> By default qemo runs on default size 600 * 480 pixels. How to change to
> pixel rate of 600 * 800
>

> I have searched in the mailing list. I have found that need to change qemo
> boot loader to LiLo
>
> How to do this?
>

> Please do guide me
>

> Regards
>
> pushapraj

this is your second post on the subject, and someone already replied.

what is missing in your email, is what kind of gui are we talking about here ?
is it x11 based ? or just inside plain framebuffer ?

is it 600x800 (landscape) or 800x600 (portrait) ?

if you want to boot into the proper framebuffer mode 800x600, only
portrait would be supported appending vga=788 to your lilo
configuration, provided you've compiled the framebuffer inside your
kernel.

the suggestion given to you using vnc server was a very good one. vnc
will allow to declare odd screen sizes like 600x800 (landscape).

another possibility is to run on the host a x11 server, and launch the
application by hand inside the qemu guest declaring 10.0.2.2:0 as the
display (provided it's a x11 application).

please provide more details...

--
Christian