qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] CVS build error

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] CVS build error
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 10:49:48 +0100

Am 14.03.2008 um 00:32 schrieb Johannes Schindelin:

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008, Rick Vernam wrote:

[gcc4] Not supported?  Okay, fine.  But don't tell me it can't work.
The fact of the matter is that I use it daily.

Make configure fail horribly? Well, that seems a bit counter- productive,
don't you think?

If you would only have researched a _little_ bit, you would have found out that x86, by far the most common platform at the moment, which you should
have known before stating what you stated, does _not_ work with gcc4.

OK, so Rick is guilty not using the most common platform. Wasn't it one of the major goals of qemu to work on a wide variety of different platforms?

Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/