qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] PS/2 mouse support for FC4 guest broken in QEMU 0.9.1

From: Even Rouault
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] PS/2 mouse support for FC4 guest broken in QEMU 0.9.1
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 10:56:58 +0100

Le Sunday 03 February 2008 04:15:52 andrzej zaborowski, vous avez écrit :

> I have no clue about ps2 but seeing as redirecting the command from
> kbd to mouse (0 -> 1 in the kbd_queue call) fixes the keyboard issue
> for Gujin, but breaks mouse, the obvious conclusion is that the
> command should not be done for either kbd or mouse.  Can you try with
> line 214 (previously line 207) simply removed?  If you can test also
> how that affects Gujin that would be even better.
>
> Cheers

I've tried as you suggested to remove line 214 ( "kbd_queue(s, s->mode, 1)" ),
and it breaks both keyboard and mouse support for the FC4 install DVD or my
FC4 disk image.
When booting the FC4 disk image, I can read "i8042.c : Can't read CTR while
initializing i8042." in the kernel boot log.

As far as Gujin is concerned, it would be great if people familiar with it
could try. I'm looking for an available disk image with Gujin as the boot
loader but no success for the moment. I guess I'll have to figure how to
install and use it.

Best regards.