qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] cocoa.m - Core Graphics support

From: Mike Kronenberg
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] cocoa.m - Core Graphics support
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 21:44:38 +0100

I ran it using my x86_64 on 10.5.1, targetting x86_64-softmmu and booting a linux kernel. I could literally see every like getting repainted (which btw did not happen with my quick hacky version I sent to the list some time ago).

You did not notice the effect with Your implementation, because the the whole screen is redrawn every time.
With this implementation, only the parts requested by qemu are updated.

If You take a dosprompt, every line that moves up, triggers a redraw (only for the specific line) - this is why you notice the redraw.
You can test this easily with the Quartz debugger.

But never the less, overall speed is much faster with partial redraw, than if You redraw the whole screen every time.

Mike