qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Slow clock in guest OS

From: Mulyadi Santosa
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Slow clock in guest OS
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 19:02:58 +0700

Hi...

On Jan 25, 2008 6:51 PM, Sergey Bychkov <address@hidden> wrote:
> Yes, it helps, in some extent.
> With rtc/max-user-freq set to 1024 and "-clock rtc" option VM now works like
> in 0.8.2 version.
> Clock is slower than in host, but Windows Time server could correct this, if
> started.
> Busy host or guest CPU slows down clock.

I remember somebody wrote dyntick patch...but not sure if it is
already merged into qemu CVS.

Maybe you need similar trick like win98 to halt CPU when not doing anything?

> Sometimes VM hangs on start.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this is weird.... can you dump
the generated opcode? pls see qemu-doc/tech for more detail on how to
do it.

>Htop shows that qemu uses 100% of second CPU in
> user mode.

Before I forgot, do you use kqemu? if yes, do you full virtualization mode?

>Internal QEMU VNC server listens port but doesn't accepts
> connections, so vncviewer hangs too. If used GUI, is shows monitor prompt,
> that doesn't accept any keyboard input. Could be killed by Ctrl-C in console
> or 'kill -9'. May be it's different problem but they happen both on the same
> host hardware.

very weird....do you use precompiled qemu binary? or do you compile by
yourself? if it is compiled by yourself, what gcc version do you use?

regards,

Mulyadi.