qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Entry point of BIOS

From: Jun Koi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Entry point of BIOS
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 16:07:40 +0900

Hi,

I am wondering how qemu can find exactly where is the entry point of BIOS?

Of course it is at offset 0xfff0 of BIOS, starting from the base
address of BIOS. It is easy to understand how it works with the BIOS
legacy. However, if we use the BIOS-latest, which is made by
prepending the rombios32.bin in front of BIOS-legacy, how qemu is
still able to find the same entry point at 0xfff0 (which is actually
at 0x10000 + 0xfff0 from the base address now).

This confuses me, and I dont find anything from source code that does
this. Or I missed something ....

Many thanks,
Jun