qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] fstat bug on armeb stll exists!

From: Claudio Scordino
Subject: [Qemu-devel] fstat bug on armeb stll exists!
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:43:35 +0100

Hi all,

more than one year ago we sent a patch on this mailing list to fix a problem of the fstat syscall for armeb. See

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2006-09/msg00137.html

We found the bug compiling a Linux kernel for armeb on scratchbox.

Qemu seemed to ignore the fact that in big endian systems the fields
st_blocks and its padding are swapped (to allow future expansion of the field,) so the fix consisted only in swapping the two fields (only in big endian systems, of course).

The patch just changed  qemu/linux-user/syscall_defs.h to

#ifndef TARGET_WORDS_BIGENDIAN
       target_ulong    st_blocks;
       target_ulong    __pad4;
#else
      target_ulong    __pad4;
      target_ulong    st_blocks;
#endif

I've just dowloaded a fresh 0.9 Qemu, and I saw that there is still the bug...

Do you mind integrate such change, so we don't have to patch Qemu any time ?

Regards,

        Claudio Scordino

--
Claudio Scordino