qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu hw/ppc_oldworld.c target-ppc/cpu.h target-...

From: Jocelyn Mayer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu hw/ppc_oldworld.c target-ppc/cpu.h target-...
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 20:19:02 +0100

On Fri, 2007-11-23 at 19:10 +0000, Paul Brook wrote:
> > > The old code before the patch is obviously broken. It's mixing 64-bit
> > > (ppc_gpr_t) and 32-bit (target_ulong) values.
> >
> > It seems you do not understand that what was done was correct. It's not
> > mixing two different types. GPR are of ppc_gpr_t type and should be
> > displayed this way.
> > It's not garbage. On 64 bits hosts, the 64 bits GPR dump is correct. GPR
> > _are 64 bits_ when compiling the ppcemb target and should be displayed
> > as 64 bits value.
>
> Really? Where exactly is the code that uses a 64-bit ppc_gpr_t ?
> I don't see any evidence that the high bits of the value is ever used.
>
> I see the SPE stuff that uses T0_64 et al, however this still uses stores the
> value in the low 32 bits of the {gpr,gprth} pair.

Whatever, your patch is more buggy that the code that previously exists
then it will be reverted. The real issues will be addressed, in a
cleaver way (I hope) by someone who really understands what the code is
supposed to do.
But the more important issue is: DO NOT COMMIT IN THE CODE YOU'RE NOT
SUPPOSED TO CHANGE WITHOUT REQUESTING AN AGREEMENT. This is not
negociable AT ALL.

--
Jocelyn Mayer <address@hidden>