qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] KQemu require Intel VT or AMD-V processors ?

From: address@hidden
Subject: [Qemu-devel] KQemu require Intel VT or AMD-V processors ?
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:42:15 -0500

Question 1) Does KQemu require Intel VT or AMD-V processors ?

Question 2) Qemu runs and XP as guest is working on a Linux FC7 host.

I installed kqemu from sources (kqemu-1.3.0pre11.tar.gz) and it configured/mak/make install without errors.

However, when I e.g. start a VM, I still get the following error:
qemu]# qemu -hda WinXP_Home.img
Could not open '/dev/kqemu' - QEMU acceleration layer not activated

So it seems that devices were never created. there is also no kqemu daemon or anything I can verify kqemu to be running.
It is not in processes either.

Maybe I misuunderstand how kqemu works, but usually it should be a daemon if it creates a device '/dev/kqemu' at installation !

Any Ideas where I got the cat by the tail?