qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: PATCH, RFC: Slirp improvements

From: Blue Swirl
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: PATCH, RFC: Slirp improvements
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:42:46 +0300

I tried harder to change the SLIRP queue stuff to something saner by
hiding the pointer access inside inlined functions. Still when I
changed the 32 bit pointers to native 64 bit (or moved the pointers
outside the packet), qemu crashes. Must be some devilishly hidden
access somewhere. I already fixed one, which involved recycling port
number fields for buffer pointers. IMHO there should be some kind of
corporeal punishments mandated by law for writing this kind of mess.
Maybe it would even be easier to create a new userland IP stack based
on Linux from scratch instead of fixing this.

I think I'll just commit in the log part, unless there are objections.