qemu-devel

RE: [Qemu-devel] qemu/hw piix_pci.c

From: Igor Lvovsky
Subject: RE: [Qemu-devel] qemu/hw piix_pci.c
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 02:11:49 -0700

[Igor Lvovsky] Probably, I will go over the spec again.

> At [1] you can find a question I sent to this list, but didn't get a
> response. Just yesterday I started working on it again and it still
> doesn't work, even with your patch.

[Igor Lvovsky] My patch fixes it for windows guest. I tried it for LID
open/close events on my laptop. According to the spec OS should care these
events through ACPI.
Now I have it works on windows guests via ACPI events, but on Linux guest it
work without ACPI (weird).

Before I start going through all the
> ACPI specs and the Linux driver's code, do you have an idea what might
> be the problem?

[Igor Lvovsky] Not yet, but I'll inform you if I'll find something