qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu alpha?

From: Sunil Amitkumar Janki
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu alpha?
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 10:59:30 +0200

Rob Landley wrote:
I'm interested in testing Alpha too, but I haven't seem a qemu-system-alpha show up yet. Alas, I have no hardware or specific expertise in this platform, I'm just trying to build and boot Linux kernels (and corresponding root filesystems) on as many emulated target platforms as I can.

Rob
Hi Rob,

I've been reading Alpha documentation, that I was pointed to
by Wikipedia, over the summer, because I too would like to see
a qemu-system-alpha. The problem is I don't really know how
to develop for QEMU in general and in particular this target.

The QEMU source code looks very complicated and opaque to me,
but that may be because I lack the necessary knowledge and
experience to reach a thorough understanding of it. I would
appreciate it if someone could tell me where and how to start.

Regards,
Sunil