qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] I got a kernel booted under qemu-system-ppc !

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] I got a kernel booted under qemu-system-ppc !
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 01:08:21 -0500

On Friday 19 October 2007 3:33:52 pm Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> Aurelien Jarno a écrit :
> > - The target CPU never gets into idle loop, so the host CPU is always
> >   used at 100%
>
> This is actually not a problem. The default CPU (604) does not support
> DOZE or NAP. Switching to a 603 CPU, the target CPU correctly goes
> into idle loop.

This would be adding "-cpu 603" to the command line?

Is there a web page listing all the powerpc processors somewhere?  I'm still
at the "everything is 7xx except for 4xx and 8xx" stage...

I found this:
http://www.power.org/resources/devcorner/roadmap

But it groups by manufacturer rather than capabilities or software
compatability...

Rob
  - Ken Thompson.