qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] RFC: reverse-endian softmmu memory accessors

From: Blue Swirl
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] RFC: reverse-endian softmmu memory accessors
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 11:19:29 +0300

On 10/14/07, J. Mayer <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-10-13 at 16:17 +0200, J. Mayer wrote:

> > > I think 64 bit access case is not handled correctly, but to solve that
> > > it would be nice to extend the current IO access system to 64 bits.
> >
> > I think that if it was previously correct, it should still be, but... I
> > don't know how much having 64 bits I/O accesses is interresting, as I
> > don't know if there are real hw buses that have 64 bits data path...
> >
> > Here's another version taking care of your remark about ldl memory
> > accessors.
> > * I replaced all ldl occurences with ldul
> > * when TARGET_LONG_BITS == 64, I also added ldsl accessors. And I
> > started using it in the PowerPC memory access micro-ops.
> > Then the patch is really more invasive than the previous ones.
> > This still does not break PowerPC or i386 target, as it seems.
>
> Here's a new version. The only change is that, for consistency, I did
> add the big-endian and little-endian accessors that were documented in
> cpu-all.h as unimplemented. The implementation is quite trivial, having
> native and reverse-endian accessors available, and changes functionnally
> nothing to the previous version.

The patch does not apply anymore. The Sparc part looks OK.

The benefits from the patch can be gained by mapping Sparc64 lduw and
ldsw in op_mem.h  directly to ldul and ldsl using SPARC_LD_OP and
replacing the ldl+bswap etc. for the LE cases with ldlr in
op_helper.c. If you prefer, I can do this after you have applied the
patch.