qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qcow2 vs. image file format --> pci device

From: Clemens Kolbitsch
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qcow2 vs. image file format --> pci device
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 16:57:57 +0200

hi everyone!
i have a strange problem (at least to me it seems strange :-)  ):

i have implemented a pci device (Network IC) and it works just fine when using
a standard image. however i now want to support snapshotting...

i started to convert my image into the qcow2 format and suddenly my code does
not work any more... even if i uncomment everything that has to do with
snapshotting in my code, it still blocks during qemu startup.

the thing that could cause this: i use 2 additional threads in my NIC code ...
each is working with semaphores that might cause problems.

is there something in particular i have to be careful of when using qcow2 file
format?

thanks!!