qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] vmmouse with Fedora-6 64bit guest

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] vmmouse with Fedora-6 64bit guest
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 08:47:47 -0500

Dor Laor wrote:
Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
Frustrated with evtouch, I wanted to try vmmouse's absolute mode, supported by Liguori's patch http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.qemu/16083 .

Did you try it in KVM or in QEMU?

In KVM, you need an additional patch to ensure that the register state is synchronized.

Regards,

Anthony LIguori

My guest has vmmouse_drv.so, and I configured its xorg.conf to load it.
However, for some reason I get
(EE) VMWARE(0): vmmouse enabled failed

On the host side, after define DEBUG_VMMOUSE, I see vmmouse_init and
nothing else.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Regards,
    Dan.

Please dive further into this by debugging the emulator(qemu)/driver themselves.
good luck :)