qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu/target-sparc exec.h op.c op_helper.c op_me...

From: Aurelien Jarno
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu/target-sparc exec.h op.c op_helper.c op_me...
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 23:41:48 +0200

Aurelien Jarno a écrit :
> Andreas Färber a écrit :
>> Am 22.09.2007 um 22:06 schrieb Aurelien Jarno:
>>
>>> I really doubt it is an endianness problem as the current CVS works
>>> perfectly on GNU/Linux powerpc. The code in op_helper.c adds
>>> support for
>>> target little endian access (sparc is big endian), but it is anyway
>>> not
>>> used in openbios. We have to debug the problem and find what is wrong
>>> with OS X:
>>>
>>> - Which version of GCC are you using?
>> I have a gcc 4.0.1 installed but configure appears to choose gcc-3.3:
>>
>> $ gcc-3.3 --version
>> gcc-3.3 (GCC) 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1819)
>> Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>> This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There
>> is NO
>> warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
>> PURPOSE.
>>
>>> - Could you please try to run qemu with -nographic?
>> I already tried that, it makes no difference - it hangs after
>> "starting qemu...".
>>
>>> - Also could you please try to run qemu with -d in_asm,op and send us
>>> /tmp/qemu.log?
>> Of course, see attached. (CVS HEAD configured as before, with .../
>> qemu-system-sparc -boot d -cdrom ...solaris10sparc.iso -nographic -d
>> in_asm,op)
>>

> Thanks, that's helpful, it looks like the "lduba" instructions is not
> working correctly in your case. Now I have to find why.

I don't really understand, because that is the part of the code (at
least from the op point of view) that is almost unchanged. Looking at
the code again and again I can't see any problem.

Could you please try to find the values of T1 at the end of
helper_ld_asi (adding a printf or using gdb). That may help us to
understand what is the problem.

--
  .''`.  Aurelien Jarno             | GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73
 `. `'   address@hidden         | address@hidden