qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: qemu/target-ppc helper.c op.c op_helper.c op_he...

From: J. Mayer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: qemu/target-ppc helper.c op.c op_helper.c op_he...
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 20:40:03 +0200

On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 16:35 +0000, Hollis Blanchard wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 05:44:04 +0000, Jocelyn Mayer wrote:
>
> > CVSROOT:    /sources/qemu
> > Module name:        qemu
> > Changes by: Jocelyn Mayer <j_mayer> 07/09/19 05:44:04
> >
> > Modified files:
> >     target-ppc     : helper.c op.c op_helper.c op_helper.h
> >                      translate.c
> >
> > Log message:
> >     Code provision for PowerPC BookE MMU model support.
> >     Better MSR flags initialisation.
> >
> > CVSWeb URLs:
> > http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/qemu/target-ppc/helper.c?cvsroot=qemu&r1=1.53&r2=1.54
> > http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/qemu/target-ppc/op.c?cvsroot=qemu&r1=1.40&r2=1.41
> > http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/qemu/target-ppc/op_helper.c?cvsroot=qemu&r1=1.37&r2=1.38
> > http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/qemu/target-ppc/op_helper.h?cvsroot=qemu&r1=1.11&r2=1.12
> > http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/qemu/target-ppc/translate.c?cvsroot=qemu&r1=1.64&r2=1.65
>
> tlbwe and tlbre do not use PID; they use MMUCR[STID].
>
> Also, IBM and Freescale Book E architectures are very different here, so I
> would suggest naming these functions something more specific than
> e.g. "do_booke_tlbwe". You're really implementing IBM's 440
> architecture here.

Yes, you're right, this is incorrect for most (or all) cases. I did not
notice what the Power specification says that tlbre and tlbwe are
implementation dependent. I just compared IBM 440 and Freescale e500 TLB
models and, you're absolutelly right, they actually use different
implementation specific registers.

Thanks for reporting this !
I will start adding big warnings in my code until I can recode it in a
better way ;-)

--
J. Mayer <address@hidden>
Never organized