qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] debug register implementation of x86?

From: shizheng
Subject: [Qemu-devel] debug register implementation of x86?
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 12:37:53 +0800

Hi,all:

I think memory access monitoring is useful in debugging a target
running in qemu. There are two ways to do this(or even more):

1.x86 specific. add debug register emulation in qemu.
2.hardware independent. such as adding a command in qemu monitor.

I would like to know if anybody has already done this?
Or is there any problem that prevents from doing so?

best wishes, shizheng