qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] merging kqemu into mainline kernel?

From: dragoran
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] merging kqemu into mainline kernel?
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 19:04:35 +0200

On 8/4/07, Ricardo Almeida <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,
I'm just a user...

Is it planned to submit kqemu to lkml for inclusion into the mainline kernel?

Never seen anyone talking about this...

if not why?

Maybe because KVM was included ( http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=6aa8b732ca01c3d7a54e93f4d701b8aabbe60fb7 )

I know that

if yes any idea when? is it possible to try to get it in 2.6.24 ?

I don't know if Linus would accept it. As I said, KVM was included, although kqemu as the advantage of working in older hardware (without AMD-V or Intel equivalent virtualization instructions).
Maybe if it was possible to make merge kqemu into KVM to take the best of the two... But I don't know anything about KVM nor kqemu code...

thats the reason I  (and many other users) want to see it merged.
for ex. the fedora kernel maintainers don't want to add it until its part of the upstream kernel.