qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu Makefile.target cpu-all.h vl.c vl.h target...

From: andrzej zaborowski
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu Makefile.target cpu-all.h vl.c vl.h target...
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 00:41:42 +0200

On 30/07/07, Hetz Ben Hamo <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> > With those patches alone, nope, but with the rest of the code I want
> > to add these days hopefully yes. Unfortunately the ROM is difficult to
> > obtain.
>
> You want a ROM? no problem, you just need to strip it from the EXE file.
> Here is a link to Tungesten T5 ROM update. It's inside an EXE which
> will install some stuff on the windows in order to upgrade the ROM,
> but the ROM image is inside the file.

I do have a Tungste|E ROM, but I can't distribute it legally (afaik).
I doubt PalmOne has the rom for this model downloadable anywhere
because T|E (likely as the only Palm model) has physically unwritable
Flash, the appropriate pins are just not wired to the CPU.

The nearest hardware-wise model is called Zire 71 but I'm sure some
modifications would be needed in the emulator to run a Zire 71 ROM.
Most other models are completely different inside even if they look
similarly outside. The T|T5, as well as T|E2 are XScale based.

For emulation of some of the XScale-based palms see the qemu tree at
http://git.hackndev.com/gitweb?p=qemu.git;a=summary
It has stubs of T|C, TX, Lifedrive, Treo 650, Treo 680 and Zire 72
emulation (but none of them boots into PalmOS fully at the moment of
writing).

Regards