qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] What is the best way to control qemu on a remote box?

From: n schembr
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] What is the best way to control qemu on a remote box?
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 09:22:08 -0700 (PDT)

socat - unix-connect:/vservers/qemu/cms1/cms1.sock  works well.
Ctrl-d  stops socat.

I'd prefer not to have vnc running unless I needed it,but some of my guests
hang when -nographic is used.  Note :  the guest has X running and the host is
running headless.

Is system_powerdown a better way to stop the host?
Is system_powerdown a soft operation like the atx powersupply?  It did not work
with  a smoothwall guest.

I can see adding '-serial unix:/vservers/qemu/cms1/ttyS0.sock,server,nowait'
for better control.

If I have  '-no-reboot' on the command line and I reboot with send
ctrl-alt-delete why is it just getting to halt?  It never reboots and qemu
continues to run.  I'll build a clean guest and try to give a bug report.

Is there a way to use the monitor and see what the guest is doing?