qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Crash: When Host HDD is full

From: Adam Bolte
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Crash: When Host HDD is full
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 17:25:43 +1000

>From a usability perspective, I also would expect this to be the correct
behaviour. Non-technical users using, say, Windows (in full-screen mode)
on a GNU/Linux desktop need to know that their HDD is full and they must
free up space - not have the guest complain about cryptic HDD errors and
failed writes (assuming the guest OS can even be trusted to do this).

Pausing the VM and notifying the user of no free host storage space is
also the same behaviour as other virtualization products, so this might
already be the expected behaviour from the user's POV.

At the very least, I feel a switch to enable this behaviour would be
appropriate.

-Adam