qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] KQEMU Lockup / Box Freezes on Athlon 64 3400+

From: Michael Champlain
Subject: [Qemu-devel] KQEMU Lockup / Box Freezes on Athlon 64 3400+
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 17:08:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all.

I recently downloaded qemu and kqemu sources for the
first time, and compiled them on my box for a Windows
2000 guest OS setup.

Qemu works fine, no problems, but when I attempt to
use KQEMU, it locks up my box and I have to power fail
it to reboot.

System description is as follows:

Linux, Fedora Core 5 Kernel 2.6.16-1 Host OS
Athlon 3400+ Single Core CPU
qemu 0.9.0 compiled from sources
kqemu 1.3.0pre11 compiled from sources

Googled around and couldnt find a fix, asked in #qemu
on freenode and they suggested I post to this list.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

ps. Excellent work on a stellar product otherwise,
seems to run windows faster than windows does ;)

Be a PS3 game guru.