qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Size of virtual FAT disk limit?

From: consul
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Size of virtual FAT disk limit?
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 14:42:12 -0700

Hi,

I'm running into a problem with virtual FAT disks. If the source directory
contents size
significantly exceeds 494673920 (0x1D7C2000) bytes, I get an error:
Assertion failed: index < array->next, file c:/qemu/block-vvfat.c, line 97

If the sise only slightly exceeds (even by one byte) this limit, I get the
different error:
Directory does not fit in FAT16

This seems strange, as this limit is not even close to 2GB limit imposed by
FAT16.

I tried quite recent qemu CVS version from 6/28/07 on Windows XP host.
qemu -L . -hda c:\qemu-img\test.q2 -hdb fat:\test2 -fda
c:\qemu-img\boot.ima -boot a
Will try it on Linux later.

Any comments on the error?

Alex.