qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu on mips patch

From: Jun Peng
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu on mips patch
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 14:37:48 +0800

Hello!

Are you are just testing host_mips qemu? I have been doing the same
work two or three month

ago on a mips + linux system. But, it have some bugs however.

It is for qemu 0.6.1 refer to qemu-irix.patch at first. And yesterday,
I made a qemu 0.9.0

patch. It seems working(only target-i386). In order to handle
relocation symbol, I writed a

little tool named op_mips.c. This tool is the key of my patch.

host detail:
cpu: loognson 2E(mips compatible, little endian)
os: debian linux 4.0
kernel: linux 2.6.18
gcc: 3.4.6
glibc: 2.3.6

test:
in full system mode: can run windows 98 or linux(x86)
in user mode: can run some i386 elf programs except wine!

bugs:
In user mode, it catchs a SIGSEGV when launching a windows PE program.
I have been trying to

solve this problem a long time. But unfortunately, I failed.

I wondered if you could give me some help about qemu + wine. And hope
new qemu release

supply host_mips soon.

There is the patch: qemu-0.9.0-loongson.patch

Thanks.
Peng Jun