qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Accepting socket connections in qemu (not the clien

From: Clemens Kolbitsch
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Accepting socket connections in qemu (not the client... the emulator)
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 15:56:05 +0200

Johannes Schindelin wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, 29 May 2007, Clemens Kolbitsch wrote:

Clemens Kolbitsch wrote:

my virtual device inside qemu (a pci device) is listening for socket-(tcp)-connections.

however, accept() always fails (code works fine if not executed inside the qemu-process)... now i'm wondering if qemu interferes somehow...

is that possible?

frustrated.... *gg*

ok.... i found an answer to it.

obviously, qemu has to handle interrupt-signals (e.g. from its client-os). this interrupts accepting connections.

very bad for me, but at least a logical reason :-/

I guess that you use the Slirp device. This device is masqueraded to the outside, so unless you use something different, like VLAN or TAP, you can only make it work using a tunnel.

no... i think you misunderstand...

I'm trying to accept a socket inside the qemu-emulation-process. not inside the simulated operating system.