qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] why "-hda myimgfile" can not work ??

From: tang peilei
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] why "-hda myimgfile" can not work ??
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 07:07:30 +0000

thank you for your help.

From: "Christian MICHON" <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 08:30:54 +0200

On 5/4/07, tang peilei <address@hidden> wrote:
I first create a img file using command "qemu-img create myimgfile 10M" then I use this img file in my qemu . ("qemu -kernel ... -initrd ... -hda
myimgfile").
but when i am in linux shell , I can not find any hda info even in "dmesg",
and I can not fdisk or mount hda.
who knows what is the problem ???

the problem might be in your guest linux kernel (no ATAPI/IDE modules
or built-in).

Could you send your kernel .config, and inform us on the revision of
qemu you're using and the guest's arch you're using (x86, x86-64,
arm...) ? That'd be a start...

the target arch is arm. and I was just use the download qemu arm-test kernel and initrd file to run. It has a config.gz in /proc, but I can not copy it out, becase the net can not work in my qemu, and the hda can not use .Is there any other way to copy data from qemu system to my phy system ?
--
Christian