qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] why "-hda myimgfile" can not work ??

From: Christian MICHON
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] why "-hda myimgfile" can not work ??
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 08:30:54 +0200

On 5/4/07, tang peilei <address@hidden> wrote:
I first create a img file using command "qemu-img create myimgfile 10M"
then I use this img file in my qemu . ("qemu -kernel ...  -initrd ... -hda
myimgfile").
but when i am in linux shell , I can not find any hda info even in "dmesg",
and I can not fdisk or mount hda.
who knows what is the problem ???

the problem might be in your guest linux kernel (no ATAPI/IDE modules
or built-in).

Could you send your kernel .config, and inform us on the revision of
qemu you're using and the guest's arch you're using (x86, x86-64,
arm...) ? That'd be a start...

--
Christian