qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] USB Multiple interface devices

From: Couriousous
Subject: [Qemu-devel] USB Multiple interface devices
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 17:58:49 +0200

Hello

Currently qemu doesn't allow to use a usb device with multiple interfaces.
Since I need multiple interface ( I'm trying to reverse engineering an HP
printer/scanner device ), and the previous "multiple interface" patch is not
available anymore, I've written one. It's a really dumb patch, all it does is
removing the check for multiple interface and simply grabbing every interface
on the device.

I really don't know if it's correct but winXP see the both interface and the
HP driver see the device. I can print with it from qemu ( the printer
interface is N°1, the scanner is N°0 ) so it seems to work.

Saddly I cannot scan, windows reboot ( BSOD ) after a few USB transfer ( maybe
because windows see the device as attached on a 12Mbit/s port but the _real_
device is on 480Mbit/s so the packet are comming too fast ? ).

Hope it will help someone else.

Regards,
Couriousous