qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Qemu crashes on AAM 0

From: Joris van Rantwijk
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Qemu crashes on AAM 0
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 19:52:57 +0200

Qemu crashes with a floating point exception when emulating the "AAM 0"
instruction. By "crash", I mean that the whole qemu process actually
blows up (not just the program running inside Qemu).

A real i386 machine would trigger a divide exception on AAM 0.
This instruction form is undocumented of course, but blowing up the emulator
seems a bit drastic. I'm willing to write/test/provide a patch to fix this,
please let me know if that would be appreciated.

To trigger this bug, I run the qemu-0.9.0 binary distribution for
linux-i386 on Linux 2.6.21, without kqemu. I boot it with a FreeDOS
floppy image, start DEBUG, assemble the instruction AAM 0, execute it, boom.

By the way, Qemu is an amazing piece of work. I used it often and I'm quite
impressed by its overal quality and stability.

Thanks,
  Joris.