qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] IDE disk IO

From: Steven Y. Ko
Subject: [Qemu-devel] IDE disk IO
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:03:46 -0500

Hello,

I'm trying to understand the ide.c - how it is structured, how it
works, etc. I see that the functions in ide.c get called from vl.c
through ioport_read_table. But I'm wondering how ide_data_readw(),
ide_ioport_read(), and ide_sector_read() are different, and also where
the actual requests to harddrives are issued in the code. Or even just
overall picture of ide IO would be nice. Can somebody give me some
info?

- Steve