qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Testing PPC

From: Lorenzo Campedelli
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Testing PPC
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 09:06:57 +0200

Possibly it's only a starting point but I could use
the files found at

http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~letouzey/emul_debianppc.en.html

to actually see I could boot some linux on qemu-system-ppc.

Skipping the part aboud vde, I could boot it both with
0.9.0 and with a snapshot dated 20070406.
From the documentation found in the links it looks like
it used a patched 2.4.27 kernel and some other trickery,
but, as I said it could be a starting point, and it's
the only one I found :).

Btw, it also seem to honour the -kernel option, i.e. without
it doesn't boot...

Hope this helps somebody.
Lorenzo