qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] PATCH: Solaris 9/x86 support

From: Ben Taylor
Subject: [Qemu-devel] PATCH: Solaris 9/x86 support
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 16:03:25 -0400

This patch helps solaris 9/x86 (and likely Solaris 8/x86, but I don't have
a machine or cycles to test this, and would only require a small
configure fix) compile and run qemu.

The basic difference required for Solaris 9/x86 vs Solaris 9/Sparc is
that the libm in Solaris sparc is already mostly C99 feature rich or
supports compatible calls.  More than likely, the "delay" of Solaris 9/x86
in 2002 probably contributed to the pretty large disparity between
Solaris 9/Sparc and Solaris 9/x86's libm.  Using the libsunmath library from
the free Sun Studio 11 download, qemu now runs on Solaris 9/x86.  Not
only that, it also will run with kqemu thanks again to Juergen Keil.
(Juergen also has patches in the kqemu code for solaris 8/x86 as well,
and has tested them.  As above, I have not tested Solaris 8/x86)

The kqemu source tree will be posted to the qemu project on
www.opensolaris.org, until the patches can be added to wherever
CVS or Subversion home kqemu finds.

Ben