qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU Alpha target

From: Thomas Orgis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU Alpha target
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 23:48:22 +0200

Well, since I am someone in the lucky position of having alpha hardware in use
I can offer to test stuff.
I saved two boxen basically from the dumpster, one of which being my
primary workstation and the other open for other experiments, even.
I don't have time, especially now, but in a month or two, I guess I could
take any preliminary alpha kqemu out for a spin happily;-)

I'm not sure if I could offer ssh user access, I should ask our admin for that.
But I can compile and test code you throw at me.

There are some alphas awaiting their retirement or being halfway in it around
here... They have largely been replaced by Intel P4s and AthlonXPs in the years,
with the return to 64bit recently, most workstations being em64t or x86-64 now.
Heck, the name tag on our admin's office door still says "CRAY admin"... but
that one is long gone... *snif*
Well, computer business is bound to screw history. I moves on.

Alrighty then,

Thomas.

PS: Isn't it astonishing that everytime you mention alpha, ppl go "Aaaah...
Alpha!";-)
But I figure the sheer mass of registers to spill (to quote gcc's error message
that started this thread) must indeed be a joy for qemu code.
And in general;-)