qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU + -std-vga + XFree86

From: Kyle Hubert
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU + -std-vga + XFree86
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 02:22:50 -0700

To let the list know, I don't know if I follow this, but, it turns out
if I build vgabios 0.6a locally I can get this to work. I have to use
the "fbdev" device driver in XFree86, but it works.

Also, when I build the new vgabios.bin, it turns out I have to specify
the "-L" command line option for QEMU, or else it doesn't pick up the
vgabios.bin installed on the system.

I noticed the cirrus driver specifies 8MB of vram, but if you run the
vesa driver on top of it, you get a report of 4MB or vram.

Who is in charge of the vgabios released with QEMU? I think it's time
for a refresh.

-Kyle