qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] a question

From: Jan Marten Simons
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] a question
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 20:35:10 +0200

Marian-Nicolae V. Ion schrieb:
Hello,

Is is possible to boot qemu not from a disk image but directly from a
partition ? i.e. I am on Linux Fedora, I have a partition with Mandriva
(I use dual-boot and I can boot on it) but I would like to start my
Mandriva system from qemu, not by rebooting the computer.

Would it be possible? if yes, how?
Just supply the device name to qemu: qemu -hda /dev/hdc
You can also use a Partition this way, but then that partition has to include a mbr and partition table.

This thread will be of interest to you: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2006-05/msg00164.html
I'm not sure, if the patch mentioned there was merged, yet.

with regards,
Jan