qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Kernel Panic

From: Jason Harrison
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Kernel Panic
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 13:49:39 -0000

Greetings,

I recently compiled kqemu for linux kernel version 2.6.19.  I then proceeded
to attempt a debian etch installation.  However when I use kqemu kernel
module I get a kernel panic when trying to boot the debian install cd.  I do
not get a kernel panic when I specify -no-kqemu.  So I have installed debian
etch with -no-kqemu and tried to boot after the install is done from the disk
image with -kernel-kqemu but I still get kernel panics.  It seems that this
is caused by kqemu.  I think maybe because I am using 2.6.19 as well.
Anyways I thought I should report it just in case anyone else runs into
problems.  Let me know if there is anything I can do that may be more useful.

Regards,
Jason