qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] RFC: This project needs a stable branch

From: Julian Seward
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] RFC: This project needs a stable branch
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 23:57:54 +0000

On Thursday 22 March 2007 23:27, Paul Brook wrote:
> > Do you mean you're asking me to break up Paul Brook's QOPS tree at
> > https://nowt.dyndns.org and submit it to mainline?  I can do this thing,
> > if you really think it would help.
>
> If you implement all the missing bits in the process it'll help ;-)

What bits would they be then?

FWIW, I snarfed the patch last Sunday and tested it on amd64 host /
x86 guest, and successfully booted a couple of linux distros.  So it's
not obviously broken, at least for my mundane host/guest choice.
It also seemed marginally slower on a big compile in the guest -
395.4 host cpu seconds for mainline vs 422.9 with qops.  Is this
expected?