qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QCOW(2) image corruption under QEMU 0.9.0 reproducible

From: Julian Seward
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QCOW(2) image corruption under QEMU 0.9.0 reproducible
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:17:28 +0000

I ran QEMU on Valgrind for several hours last night, including a couple
of boot-shutdown cycles of RedHat8, and lots of file copying/deletion
in the guest to get the qcow2 image up to 8GB and generally cause a lot
of disk IO.  I got no memory errors whatsoever from Valgrind and got no
filesystem corruption, so I guess I didn't trigger the bug.

Really the first thing to do is establish a reliable way to reproduce it.